Thursday, September 13, 2012

Problem Solving

Amy has been doing so great this week. She has definitely had some icky moments, but her overall cooperation has really been great.

I think I feel like the NFB has given her a little "jump start" to growing up. I feel like we can have more mature conversations, that she is able to think more logically, and that she is able to solve her own problems.

For years, when Amy has encountered a problem, her immediate response is to whine and/or melt down. We have been trying and trying to teach her to pause and think when something unexpected comes up, but she just can't. This past week, however, I have noticed a change. For example (small thing, but big for us!) she wanted to watch a television program, but it was after her bedtime. She started to whine, stopped, and said, "Oh, well, can you record it for me?"

Sure we can. And that was that. Huh.


No comments:

Post a Comment